Sunday 30 October 2011

Halifax: A 'Cheesy' City

I headed out East this week for a work trip, mostly full of meetings and driving.  It's not my first time out East, I've been around Nova Scotia before with family. I've seen the token tourist places, and even the not-so-token tourist places (one of my grandfather's houses is actually now a museum, how's that for making one feel old!?!?) I didn't even consider making a post after my trip because I didn't think there would be the time for me to really discover anything new.

Favourite find on this trip.  Obladee.

It's a small but trendy wine & cheese bar on Barrington St in downtown Halifax.  I was there on a Tuesday night and the place was packed! I can only image the crowd on a Friday evening.

They offer a vast selection of wine by the glass (or bottle) and an amazing selection of cheese and charcuterie. We let our waiter bring over a platter of  his personal favourites.  (Tie in to my last post: one of the recommended cheeses was goat gooda!)   The customized cheese board was perfect for our group of 4 as a late night snack.

By the very different crowd I saw at Obladee you could tell this place is appealing for many different types of nights. It's a great spot for after work drinks with co-workers, a great place to go on a date, or an awesome spot for a night out with your group of girlfriends. I wish there was a place like this closer to home.

The best part, prices were more than reasonable.  : )







1 comment:

  1. This is great. A very nice clean looking travel blog and I love the posts and the title. I will definitely follow this one.
    Keep up the nice work.

    ReplyDelete